COVID-19: Rest assured at Porto Kalyves
You put your faith in us to be your home away from home, a place to rest while you
enjoy the Cretan hospitality, sea and sun. Our top priority today and every day is ensuring a safe,
healthy and welcoming stay for our guests and team.
As COVID-19 continues to have an impact on our community, we want to provide you with the information needed to make an informed decision when navigating travel.
Thankfully to date Kalyves has not had any cases and we will continue to work hard to e
nsure this remains the case.
We would like to thank you for your support and loyalty in choosing
our family business and we hope to see you soon!
What is Porto Kalyves doing to ensure a safe environment for guests?
Glad you asked! We are happy to inform you that we are doing the following:
- In every building entrance and exit you will find antiseptic hand gels
- Key disinfection is applied after the departure of guests
- Decontamination of each apartment with verified products takes place before check in
- All balconies are separated by protective glass or have the necessary distance between them
- There is an indented entrance for each apartment with a distance of more than 2 meters
- Through our app (IOS/ANDROID) we have provided all the necessary information for your stay and road trips, so you do not have to touch any maps, brochures or welcome books
- We work with a certified Laundry Service in order to ensure all our bed linen & towels are washed and disinfected appropriately
- Washing of bed linen etc. even when they are not used
- Bright airy apartments with a good breeze gives you the option to limit the use of air conditioning
- We have installed a new and clean air conditioning system
- Thorough steam cleaning and airing out of apartments before check-in
- Housekeeping upon request eliminates mid-stay housekeeping services to minimize human-to-human contact
- Noting when an apartment is cleaned and what equipment was used
- Antiseptic hand gel provided in all apartments
- All employees have been advised to follow practical flu-preventing procedures, including wearing protective equipment, staying home when they feel ill, washing hands frequently with soap water for at least 20 seconds and avoiding close contact with others who are under the weather.
Are guests and visitors safe while using Cactus Coffee & Goodies store services?
Yes, we can ensure you of that. All employees have been advised to follow practical flu-preventing procedures, including wearing protecting equipment, staying home when they feel ill, washing hands frequently with soap water for at least 20 seconds and avoiding close contact with others who are under the weather. As far as the interior area is concerned, it was renovated this year with brand new kitchen equipment, helping to ensure your safety.
In case you feel more comfortable in your own space (room, beach etc.), we offer you the option to take away your coffee/drinks and breakfast/snacks using ecofriendly packaging. Furthermore, towels and eating utensils (plates, cups, forks etc.) are frequently washed, even when not used. Last but not least, we frequently check the temperature and dose of professional soap used in the dish washer, in order to ensure necessary decontamination.
Do you have a plan in the event of a confirmed case at the hotel?
Yes, we have developed an in-depth operating procedure that has been shared with all team members to ensure a swift response to suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
To help keep you up to date on the latest COVID-19 news you can visit the Greek government’s official information source: https://eody.gov.gr/en/covid-19
CANCELLATION POLICY-COVID 19
In response to changing marketplace conditions, PORTO KALYVES, is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
We are implementing the following policies:
For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, excluding reservations with no refundable rates, between today June 11 and Octomber 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 3 days before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws.